MEMBA President Nominations
Michigan’s Edge Mountain Bike Association (MEMBA) would like to thank Randy Knapp for his 8 years of hard work and ‘roll up your sleeves’ leadership. Without Randy, MEMBA wouldn’t exist, nor be as successful as it is. Under Randy’s leadership, MEMBA was formed; Owasippe was re-opened; Mosquito Creek was approved and is being built; and relationships with many state and local landowners were established. While Randy will not be ‘riding off into the sunset’, he would like to be able to focus more specifically on a couple of distinct trails and projects. SO, MEMBA is calling on its members for nominations for President. And we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone who:
- is a strong advocate for the sport of mountain biking;
- has a passion to grow the sport of mountain biking in our region (Allegan, Ottawa, Muskegon, Oceana counties) by:
- developing strategic partnerships with local bike shops, running clubs, K-12 cycling clubs, cycling groups/clubs,
- assist in the formation of new cycling groups;
- is passionate about the outdoors and sustaining the natural resources utilized for trails;
- is an ambassador with local the local businesses and governmental agencies;
- has capacity to be involved with landowner and stakeholder meetings when needed;
- is familiar with MEMBA, the MMBA, IMBA, and the relationships between them;
- has past leadership experience that would be useful in directing and cultivating a strong, decentralized volunteer board;
- has good organizational skills;
- has the ability and network to attract talent for term board positions;
- and can cultivate MEMBA’s leadership pipeline.
The President’s role is a (2) year commitment but a lifetime value. If you or someone you know might be a good fit, please forward a nomination, bio, and brief supporting statement to email@example.com. We will be collecting nominations until November 15 and members will vote via electronic survey in late November (members keep your eyes peeled for an email). We are working on a December Member Meeting (tentatively planned for December 7, Global Fatbike Day at two locations) where we plan to announce the next President.