Welcome to March! Don’t let the sunshine fool you, the cold temps at night are keeping things “rideable” as long as you’re up for an adventure (and/or have studded tires)! Get out there in the morning or after things have firmed up at night (#dontbeaturd) to get some more rides in before spring-thaw-no-go time.
ALSO: don’t forget to sign up for the Silver Lake pilot rides next weekend and get your MEMBA jersey order in before it closes on 3/15!
- “Temps go down at night, Mosquito Creek freezes up, great ride again this morning.” Dan Mundinger, West Michigan Trail Conditions on Facebook
- Studs recommended
- If you’re thinking spring, check out the phase III features campaign!
- “If you are really itching for a ride and have studded tires, check out Riley trails tomorrow morning for an adventure.! It’s getting too slushy and some of the areas for an afternoon ride, but the overnight freeze should make for a nice firm trail/ice ribbon in the morning. 50% ice, 35% turkey ice, 15% sand.” Steve Spitters, West Michigan Trail Conditions on Facebook
- “Owasippe fat bike loop is rolling good right now. It’s a little bumpy here and there but not bad. Our grooming snowmobile is broken or I would have smoothed it out today. It should be excellent EARLY tomorrow morning before it gets to warm. It will not be groomed again this year so don’t be a turd and ride when it’s above freezing. Hit it early if your going to.” Rob Richardson, West Michigan Trail Conditions on Facebook
- Parking passes (day and season) can be purchased ahead of time over at pathwaytoadventure.org/owasippetrails.
- No reports