And we’re back! The MEMBA trail network has been getting dumped on this week and the whole team has been busy getting things rideable. Snow-shoe/ski/low-PSI tire traffic will be very welcome everywhere as we work to establish base at all trails. We’re charging into 2022 with a bunch of new equipment, a super excited group of volunteer groomers, and we’re also adding Shore Acres into the mix!
- Alex Snowdogged Faz Track AND Matrix on Thursday night to get things started. The forecast is looking pretty good this weekend for another pass to really get things settled in. Conditions are soft but rideable!
- Bass got a groom from Jeff on Sunday ahead of the snow storms and was excellent. It’s gotten deep on top of that base and grooming is scheduled for today and likely Sunday from Dave and Jeff. Expect soft conditions either way!
- Reports are that the parking lot is pretty treacherous. Park at the end of Sleeper St. or have a a reliable buddy on call!
- Denny got out with Kirk’s new grooming rig and laid some lovely track! LOTS of snow since the groom; planning for another pass this afternoon
- Due to an extremely generous individual donation (more details forthcoming), we were able to purchase a Snowdog for grooming at Owasippe! The rock star team of Rob, Justin, & Brent have already gotten to work and are planning to continue through the weekend. There’s currently 8-9 miles of groomed trail out there!
- Parking passes (day and season) can be purchased ahead of time over at pathwaytoadventure.org/owasippetrails.
- Welcome to the winter trail report, Shore Acres! Huge shout out to Dan, who has been working diligently on getting the trail prepped for maximum winter fun! He reports over a foot of the good stuff since Thursday. We’re going to try and get a groom down later in the weekend and any snow shoes/skis/tires (prepare to work if on bike!) down on the trail ahead of that would be helpful!
- Not much to report yet, but there is some chatter about folks blazing a trail this weekend!
- As a reminder, we don’t groom UM, but there is a hearty crew that works to ride/shoe/ski it in!