MEMBA is proud to announce a partnership with Team Velo City Cycles! Team Velo City Cycles is sponsoring winter grooming of Riley Trails for the 2021-2022 season via a generous donation towards winter grooming expenses. Riley’s been in great shape this winter thanks to an active grooming crew, if you haven’t had a chance to check it out, get out there!
Thanks to Motion Dynamics Corporation and Team Velo City Cycles for sponsoring grooming efforts at Owasippe and Riley! Are you interested in sponsoring grooming efforts at a MEMBA trail? Send us an e-mail! email@example.com
- Last groomed on 2/1
- From Mark: “I checked the trail tonight just before sunset. Rode part of Gerber loop including the new add on, part of Orangesicle, part of Matrix and part of Faz Track. Everything has set up perfectly. All the groomed trails are riding very nice. If you have never checked out Orangesicle then now is your chance! It is the most dialed in that it has ever been. The trail starts near the north end of the lot (Trailforks). Follow the groom, turn left at the fork then teardrop back and stay left at the same fork. The trail joins the Gerber loop after crossing the power line westbound. Orangesicle map is below. Enjoy!”
- Infinity & Saints’ are rideable, but may be worth avoiding unless studded
- It’s been surprisingly quiet out there and the last groom was 1/24; should be good, but let us know how it is!
Riley – sponsored by Team Velo City Cycles
- Last groomed 2/3 with a new bonus loop added! Trail is in great shape.
Owasippe – sponsored by Motion Dynamics Corporation
- From Brent: “90% great, 10% icy. Please note that the Trail has been rerouted away from most of the access roads. Previous signage is not completely accurate. I recommend bringing a phone/GPS with you in case you get turned around.”
- REMINDER: the trail closes at DUSK other than for our night ride events. Please respect the property rules so that we can all keep riding this amazing property!
- Parking passes (day and season) can be purchased ahead of time over at pathwaytoadventure.org/owasippetrails.
- Dan reports that the trail is challenging but rideable thanks to snowshoeing! Potential machine groom this weekend.
- Found one report: “Post holed hiker heaven, but was manageable. On the up side i know that all the bolts on the bike are tight. Nothing fell off. (Except me)”