Check out thetrailinjamestown.com!
The Jamestown Trail concept plan seeks to provide an engaging, nature-based activity for park visitors of all ability levels and trail users. The plan proposes shared-use, traditional trails for use by both mountain bikers and pedestrian users along with mountain bike-optimized trails that enhance the experience of riding a mountain bike. A diversity of trail difficulty levels is presented, ranging from easiest (white) to more difficult (blue). Technical features can be added alongside the trails to provide increased challenge desired by skilled riders. With this diversity of difficulty, the trails provide a desired experience for mountain bikers of wide-ranging ability levels – especially those at the beginner and intermediate level. This community-centric design allows riders to gradually build the skills necessary for more challenging trails. In summary the plan presents approximately 8.4 miles of singletrack trails.
The site’s gentle slopes at the base of the hill along provide ideal conditions for mountain bike amenities. Nearest the interstate and adjacent to the northeast agricultural field, a skills area/pump park (160,000 sq.ft.) and skills development area (16,000 sq. ft.) is shown on the concept plan. The northern skills area/pump park will provide an engaging recreational amenity to visitors on bikes at a higher skill and comfort level, while the southern skills area will cater toward the skills progression for beginner and intermediate riders. The skills areas are envisioned with a mix of features including bridges, rollers, rock gardens, and other features to provide progressively more challenging trail elements. These features help riders increase bike handling and balance skills which help them ride and enjoy the other trails in the network.
Posts about Jamestown Trail
- New Jamestown map from Rock Solid!Check out the latest Jamestown Trail map from our friends at Rock Solid!
- Jamestown Update March 2023Over the winter we’ve made some exciting progress and have some awesome news to share, plus a property tour on 3/25 at 9am!
- The trail in Jamestown Fundraising Progress Report!Thanks to some incredible partners we have made some exciting progress in the past 6 weeks! We are happy to report that we have raised 25% of our total fundraising goal and 50% to a phase 1 build! If we can raise the remaining amount for the phase 1 build there is a chance we can see trail this year!
- Hot off the presses! New Jamestown Trail Plans Unveiled, Fundraising Efforts Begin – $500K TargetOur newsletter went out this morning, detailing fundraising efforts for the trail in Jamestown! Check it out along with the attached official press release; more details at thetrailinjamestown.com!
- So long, 2021!As we get ready to ring in yet another new year, it’s time to take a couple minutes to remember what MEMBAs were able to accomplish in 2021! And as a reminder: MEMBA is a 501c3 organization run completely by volunteers and supported by donations (and membership)! If you’re looking to finish off the year with some good deeds but not quite sure MEMBA is the right place for them, read on.